you officially love me.
Because, I created a dessert that is best served at breakfast. An edible delight that is both healthy and buttery. An oat-y and yogurt-y and fruity combination.
THIS is why:
and better still, I’m giving you the recipe!
adapted from Allrecipes.com
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- juice from 1 lemon (or 3 tbs OJ, depending on what will go best with fruit you add!)
- Cooking spray
- 1 and 1/3 cups blueberries, or any fruit you like. Fresh, dried, or frozen!
- 3/4 Vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind (optional, use only if you want the bars to be very lemony!)
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2. To prepare crust, weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through cinnamon) in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle butter and juice over flour mixture, stirring until moistened (mixture will be crumbly). Reserve 1/2 cup oat mixture. Press remaining oat mixture into the bottom of an 8×8-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. To prepare filling, combine fruit, yogurt, granulated sugar, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Spread yogurt mixture over prepared crust; sprinkle reserved oat mixture evenly over filling. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
You might also love me because I am a child fashion maverick…
or because you think it’s funny that Ant thinks I dress CK like a boy!
And I guess, there is a slight possibility that you just love that you don’t actually have to be me….
I mean, I do eat about 30 times a day, walk my dog incessantly, leave the clean dishes in the dishwasher FARRRR too long, hate vacuuming, only make soup for dinner sometimes, clean the toilet if I can see a ring in it, and my idea of a good movie solely includes the rom/com genre. OH, and I leave the gas tank on E…(love you, ant 😉
Eh, who am I kidding? Did you see the recipe I just posted?
You LOVE me!